Week 1b and 2a

Apologies for not writing last week…wanted to let me Sara Lee audition story hang for a bit. So here are a few quick comments about last week’s show based on some cryptic notes I took:

First things first –Robin Anton from the f-ing Pussycat Dolls?! What the F does that two bit know about dancing? She looks completely ridiculous. Grade A example of all that’s wrong with the world (Hollywood mostly) today – women trying to UNSUCCESSFULLY maintain their youth. She looks a complete fright.

-Blonde =s too big for her britches (was she the one that ran past her family in the theatre? I think so.

-Red =s cute with her father (oh, that’s the one that did a little number with her father after she was done auditioning. That was sweet and he looked like he was enjoying himself.)

-Amnesia girl – you know I’m going to say this: wish I could forget her. She wasn’t that good.

-Mormon half naked guy – married at 22?! Oy!! He was good, not great. I think his body helped win him his ticket to Vegas…I would have given it to him. (The ticket that is.)

-Someone with red glasses and a man of color =s lovely (I really need to write better notes.)

-Liked the Irish dancing gal

-Liked the “I’m not Russell” guy, and so did Mary. Me thinks she likes men of color.

Broadway Josh =s me being a total queer and crying during his audition. There was something about his youth and innocence and dancing that captivated me. I was floored when the judges said they didn’t feel anything – bitter old hags. And I know bitter old hags when I see them because A) I’m friends with a few (one name in particular need not be mentioned: rhymes with schmean schmalvan) and B) I AM one myself.

Wednesday night’s episode has me wanting to write this update semi live. I love Las Vegas week. We finally get to see good dancing. What I don’t like is that they will send dancers to Vegas and then cut some of them the VERY FIRST DAY. That just seems cruel to me. I understand being cut at an audition (boy do I ever know that) but I’m not flown to another state after being applauded by a panel of judges only to have to turn around within 24 hours. That would just be the limit for me. Sad and embarrassing!

But back to what I love about Las Vegas week – Debbie Allen. Oh Miss Allen. You so crazy. You just say what you want all the way through. I am so glad they don’t cut her mic. LOVE everything she has to say – the very antithesis of my emotions for Tyce. I’ve already made my feelings clear about him but just in case you’re wondering – he still bugs

LOVED that the big gal was able to dance with a new partner during Broadway. She came alive. Great movement and great face! What I didn’t like was that Jeanine’s sister. She seems to blah-zay (my phonetic spelling) about the whole thing. Oh I’m sorry, did you want to be doing something else? Anything else? It kinda seems that way. And I agree with Nigel. Enough with the angsty punim already. You’re 18 – life is not that tough yet – FOR THE LOVE OF NANCY already!

Btw, not loving that the group thing always has to happen over night. What’s that all about? Is this a game show or do you want to find the FAVORITE dancer? And what does staying up all night and perhaps injuring yourself have to do with it? Good TV? How about we try to honor the art of dance (the reason we’re here, yes) rather than create some ridiculous vulgar scene as a result of sleep deprivation. But back to the groups - LOVED the Frugue music group – great work.

LOVED that Travis was the contemporary choreographer. And that he had Jamie and James (James is SO HOT!!) as his assistants. Meanwhile dancers dropped like flies as they tend to by the contemporary part of the competition. Oh the life of a dancer…God I miss it!! I love the sisters – I hope they both make it to the show! Sasha surprised me when she did the contemporary – her legs were so turned out and she had a very lovely line. And then Ryan blondielocks – she looked beautiful dancing. And SO LUCKY to dance with James! Moving on with the rest of the dancers – I felt bad for Arielle even though I don’t like her. Jeremiah (shirtless guy/bad attitude from season 4) is a freak but I guess I’ll root for him since he showed some emotion and seemed legitimately happy about making it. And just one more shout out to Miss Allen – she SO made me cry with DC. I HOPE HE STiCKS WITH IT (totally writing this and crying at the same time….talk about a freak – that’s me!) And I’ll continue with this emotional jag with Natalia…she makin me cry even more!

So who will make the show? I don’t know them well enough yet but I do know I want the sisters, Ryan and Broadway Josh to make it for sure! Tune in Thursday night! But dancer friends (and others of course) chime in before the big reveal!

Random closing thoughts:

-Not sure how I feel about that Adam Shenkman yet…stay tuned.

-Mary was drunk in the early morning.

-Robin needs to STOP talking but IF she HAS to talk she should be heard and not seen!

Comments

  1. It's Robert....not James, yes?
    I'm not sure how I feel about the sisters. I mean, I love Natalia's story, but I'm not sure she is THAT great.
    Yup, felt bad for Arielle. I don't like Jeremiah. I don't even remember seeing Broadway guy last night, and I was trying to find him.
    I felt bad that Not Russell got cut.
    I hope hope hope that Ginnifer Goodwin aka Miss Moore makes it. LOVE HER. Ryan NEEDS to make it as well.
    I LOVE Adam. He cracks me up almost everytime he opens his mouth. Pussycat Doll needs to go home. Judge X Factor or some other crap lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, how could I have written that wrong - ROBERT of course! And Broadway guy was on last week (but I didn't write about that episode...or did I twice?! Ugh.)

    Meanwhile on the drive in to work this morning I listened to "You Light Up My Life" - the Whitney Houston version that SYTYCD was using a couple of weeks ago. I needed inspiration today - the song delivered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. LOVE Miss Moore...hope she makes it. Love love the sisters. I'm so excited for more Travis routines this season. He blows me away. And I freaking love Adam Shankman....I thought he was a fantastic permanent judge last season.

    Don, you're so right. Tyce bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert.....SOOOOOO dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts