More on regret...

Personally, I don't like to harp on negative stories. They don't serve me. And while the subject of "regret" may seem negative the stories and thoughts I'm sharing inspire.

I like the story below because I've heard the excuses so many times from friends and family...I've even been guilty of thinking them in the past. But, again, the kinds of excuses mentioned below just don't serve me. Or contribute to the path of success and happiness I work on everyday.

I've bolded a couple of lines that I think warrant some thought.

xoxo
Don


Tony Robbins told me once, "The quality of your life is directly related to the amount of uncertainty you can comfortably live with".

This is some of the best advice I ever got.

What's amazing to me about most of the people I meet and for my clients is that, truly, the only thing stopping them from living their dreams is the story and meaning they tell themselves about why it's not possible.

Period. End of story.

The whole conversation around "I don't have the time or money" is just not a reality. We all have the same amount of time. We might not have the same amount of money, but money is just energy. And you can have tons of energy. On top of that, lack of money means you'll just have to be more creative.

The truth is, it's not a priority and your scared shitless to try. Anything other than that is just a reason covering up the real reason.

Well, if you have dreams, goals and desires - that means that what you desire is outside of your comfort zone. And it means you are going to have to stretch waaaaay outside of your comfort zone to get it. And it also means that you are going to have to face and unravel all the b/s stories you are telling yourself about why you can't have what you really want.

My guess is that most of the b/s stories you are telling yourself about why you can't have what you desire don't even come from YOU! They probably come from your mom, dad, brother, sister, the news, a teacher or some other source outside of yourself.

Hear me loud and clear when I say: DREAMS REQUIRE YOU TO LIVE A SELF APPROVED LIFE! No one's opinion about your life is more important or valid than your own. And The Uni-verse planted seeds of desire, gifts for you to give that are YOURS and YOURS alone to give. But you have to be willing to be scared and step out. You have to be willing to tell a new story. You have to be willing to no longer justify your fear with the "I don't have the time or money" b/s. And just step out, trusting that you will be caught by The Uni-verse until you learn how to fly.

Instead of being the person that lets the opinions of others define you, step out and be the example of what's really possible. Specialize in calling fear's bluff and separate from the fearful thoughts of those who would rather stay in their comfort zone and die wondering "what if I had tried!"

As far as I'm concerned you are successful if you die with no regrets. That means you have to step outside your comfort zone daily. That means you have to realize that some day you will die and when that day comes, you will meet the real truth that you have hidden from. All the b/s stories about why something is impossible will fall away and you will be left with the truth that it was just fear.

Right now, in this moment - the choice is yours. What'll it be?

Comments

Popular Posts