Hugos

Where else can you see a grown Macaulay Culkin or a random Arquette dining as though they were just you and I? Hugo’s in West Hollywood. There’s a bit of a line for brunch (of course there is. Do you think anyone in West Hollywood is getting up for breakfast served at its usual time?) but it’s worth the wait. You can order anything from breakfast to lunch when you’re finally seated. The other day I had a lovely generous made-to-order omelet with potatoes and a toasted wheat Foccacia bun. Not knowing what to expect in a wheat Foccacia bun I asked the server to bring me out a sample to see before I committed to it. She was a good sport and did so. I liked what I saw and I agreed to it…only to have to send it back to be toasted again. However, once done to my specifics it was absolutely delicious. There was enough for this little tummy to eat half of my meal for brunch and the other half for dinner. Also, not to be missed is their freshly brewed coffee. I couldn’t get enough. Hugo’s went through a bit of a facelift in the recent past, which allows for more seating in the brand new booths and banquettes. But remember, it’s still a quaint little neighborhood restaurant so keep illusions of remolded grandeur to a minimum.

Comments

Popular Posts